Jindal Power Limited has a well laid Corporate Environmental Policy approved by the Management which focuses on adopting sound Environment Management practices and oriented towards continual improvement. The Company strictly adheres to all the regulatory norms and adopts new technologies for Environment Protection. The Companyis committed to provide pollution free Environment in and around the projects.
The Company has implemented Integrated Management System. The Company has been certified under Quality Management System (ISO 9001:2000), Environment Management Systems (ISO 14001: 2004) and Occupational Health & Safety Assessment System (OHSAS 18001:2007).
The Company has adopted the following Environment Management practices :
- High efficiency Pollution Control equipment have been installed
- Zero- discharge concept has been adopted during design of Power Plant
- For treatment of domestic waste water, Sewage Treatment Plants have been installed in plant and residential colony. The treated sewage water is used for horticulture
- Fly ash collected using dry ash collection system is being utilized for Fly ash bricks/ tiles making, cement making etc.
- To control fugitive emission, cross country pipe conveyor has been installed for transportation of coal.Water sprinkling is carried at transfer points, loading and un-loading points.
- Bio gas plant has been installed in order to recycle the kitchen waste.
- Un-utilized fly ash is used for the backfilling of Coal mines along with Overburden
- Piezometers have been installed for regularly monitoring of Ground water quality around ash pond
- Online monitoring systems for emissions and ambient air quality are installed
In its endeavor for cleaner Environment, the company has planted more than 2.4 million saplings with 80 % survival rate till date in and across the plant and mines area.
Awareness programs on Environment Protection are also carried out observing wide participation.